Principal Safetey Engineer
£55,000 - £64,000 per annum + Benefits (Permanent)
Conrad Finance are keen to speak to a Senior/Principal Safety Engineer who have a good understanding of the Aerospace & Defence markets. We have an exciting permanent position based in Bristol to join a well establish multi-disciplinary business.
We are looking for experienced Safety Engineer who can help our client and their customers with guidance and to help manage their systems safety within the land domain. You will be working with in a team to support their clients to aid in delivery of safety management projects and will have the opportunity to inspire and be inspired by colleagues in offices across the UK and Internationally.
The successful Candidate will be self-motivated, a keen desire to learn and develop new skills. You will be looking to make the next step in your career and join a team that will provide all the opportunities needed for further progression and being part of a growing business.
* Professional in approach and performance, with a proven background in the implementation of Safety Management Systems and the interpretation and analysis of results
* Working Knowledge of Industry and Defence Standards such as Def Stan 00-056, Defence Safety Authority Regulations (various) in particular DSA02-DLSR.LSSR
* Proven track record of developing Safety Management solutions at enterprise, platform or at system level
* Accomplished Practitioner within Safety Critical Systems Engineering
* Experienced in developing proposals and providing technical assurance
* Develop innovative Safety Management solutions to support operations
* Interrogate data systems to assess safety performance and risks and optimise decisions
* Manage and motivate project teams through strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills commensurate with the role, including the preparation and presentation of reports to both internal and external customers
* Knowledge of the Defence and wider markets, or major contractor's experience
* Expertise in hazard and safety risk management
* Knowledge, awareness and ability to generate Safety Cases Reports
* Experienced in development of Safety Management Systems and/or Plans
* Knowledge and understanding of legislation (UK and EU in particular) as it applies to land systems
* Experience of conducting/supporting safety related assessments such as HAZOP, FMECA, ZHA, FTA & ETA
* Membership of UK, EU or US societies/working groups, etc
This is a great chance to work with an established and growing business who offer a competitive salary along with a good benefits package. If you have the relevant experience and would like to find out more information on this opportunity, please send an up to date CV to Stuart at Conrad Finance.